School Visits by the Author
Contact me for more information at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kindergarten – 30 minute session includes reading of Once Around the Lake with follow-up activity on the “neighbors” in Odie and Max’s community; KidWriting/Art activity included.
- Grades 1 and 2 – 45-60 minute session includes guided reading of the story and mini-lesson during which students write their own Once Around the __________ stories.
- Grades 3 and 4 – 60 minute session includes guided reading of Once Around the Lake with discussion of plot, character, setting, and figures of speech. Optional follow-up activities include RAFT or Author Study Puzzle.
School Visit Reviews
Horne Street School, Dover NH May 2015
• The characters were very relatable for the students!
• The theme was perfect for first graders and can even expose some children to something they may not get to experience in their lives.
• Led to great conversation with my students about word choice.
• Children loved the illustrations!
• Author was very engaging with the students. They could have listened to Dr. Golder read all day.☺
• Really loved the follow up activity! The book project turned out really well and led us into a great discussion about word choice. I was very impressed with what my children were able to do as they took their own tours around the woods, beach, playground etc. Their final products were great! Very imaginative!
"Great review for kids who may have experience outside, in the woods or at a lake and excellent peek into that world for kiddos who don’t."
Megan DelloRusso, 1st Grade Teacher